Friday, April 16, 2010

Grant Applications

So I've been working on this grant application for a few weeks now. It's due at the end of the month. It's a finishing fund grant through the Women in Film Foundation. It's right up my alley as it's geared towards woman in leadership roles in the film industry. This has been a great learning experience as I have never applied for a grant before. It's extremely nerve wrecking. It doesn't seem to matter how much research I do or how many grant books I read. I still feel unprepared. I'm sure part of it is insecurity because my track record with applying for prestigious things in the film world isn't great. However, this time I'm determined. Besides I have no other choice since I have run out of money for post production. Anyone have a rich relative who feels like helping me make a movie?

Anywy, thankfully Quentin has been very help as has the Foundation Center here in NYC which I have found to be an invaluable resource on grant writing. On the flip side of the coin the Edit is going really well. Jamie and David are always coming up with creative solutions to editing problems and the film is starting to just hum right along. Molly will be coming in on Sunday when we meet next to do a little Additional Dialogue recording and then we will be almost entirely set for our Rough cut which will go out with the grant application and to a few festivals.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment